-
June 23rd, 2003, 10:55 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Kinda Long
I have a couple of 604-16X (ceramic-mantaray, 16 ohm & tangerine plug) with symbiotic (sp?) HF diaphrams. Bill at GPA can replace the Symbiotic with aluminum, recone the LF & make all 8 ohm. I would then have a 604-8K. This is great except, I think I remember reading that early ceramic 604's had problems with quality and pole piece / motor configuration. Does anyone know at what time (year of manufacture or s/n date code) Altec finally worked out the ceramic motor / quality problems? I would hate to invest the $$$ to convert just to end up with something significantly less that a real 8K. TIA! Manzanita
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks